Emotional learning in school

Social-emotional learning is not common in education as teaching it is not required. Students are expected to learn how to deal with their emotions from their parents. Though not all children are fortunate enough to learn this at home which can lead to poor behavior in school. I think my parents did an alright job in teaching me from right and wrong, maybe a little too harsh sometimes but I wouldn't be who I am without those experiences. I believe teachers also play a big part in who we grow to become. At least for me, they were, I never heard anyone say they believed in me until I went to school. Some of my teachers encouraged me to succeed so as I progressed I finally decided to invest in my education freshman year. Though there isn't a class for social-emotional learning I've learned many useful things about dealing with my emotions through all of my classes. Specifically LA class, recently we read an expert named, "Walden" by Henry David Thoreau, which taught me its okay to let things go, that our past does not define us and our future can become anything. I tend to take what I learn in class to heart as our teachers are not teaching us these things for no reason, and I may one day find my passion through a lesson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wisdom From me to You

Distractions from School