How Opportunities Affect my Education

The resources and learning opportunities I had before I started school was my own family. They taught me how to be responsible and respectful, so when I went into school I was the only kid who always listened to the teacher. Paying attention to the teacher helped me understand what was going on, though I didn't have many friends as I was shy. Besides that, I never learned anything educational wise, as the years passed by I didn't try in school and goofed off. My family never supported me in school, they never asked if I did my homework so I never did it. They also never showed up at my school events like concerts and parent-teacher conferences. This honestly affected me mentally, knowing my family didn't care about my education. Having nobody to support me at my basketball and volleyball games took a toll on me, though it gave me the aggression needed to score. I was one of the best players, I practiced every night and was the point guard. Realizing I could be successful with no support other than my own encouraged me to become a better student, which I also accomplished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wisdom From me to You

Distractions from School