Blog reflection 10/03

After the third experience at Ryan elementary, I have concluded that the ILC class may not be the best fit for this educational experience. Most of the students are non verbal and don't listen to instructions, so there is hardly any teaching going on, just observing. I have worked with kids with autism plenty of times, and have plenty of experience having learning breakthroughs with those children. There are two or three children in the classroom I feel a connection to, but River already has his own personal teacher, as do most of the rest of the kids. The program seems to have it under control and they don't really need our help, so they don't give us anything to do. I think a better fit classroom for me would be kindergarten, first, or second grade. I would really like to have a more interactive classroom environment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wisdom From me to You

Distractions from School